Thursday, March 6, 2014

TransProc - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 272


The Hammering Man in Seattle...just a quick photo I snapped on my way to the interview

Sent a text to my squad leader “MOU Today”, then I went back to sleep. I got up about 0730, took a shower and got ready for the day. I put on some business casual clothes and boarded the ferry to Seattle for an interview I had scheduled. Right when I arrived in Seattle I received a call from my PEBLO saying that I have been placed on “TransProc”. TransProc is short for Transition Point Processing System and is used by military personnel office and military transition centers. This is the system that will produce my DD214 (Certificate of Release from Active Duty or Discharge). This is good news, this means I’m on the final stage of my time in the army. She told me there is a transitional brief I could attend today, or there is one next Tuesday. I let her know I couldn’t get to today's, but I would attend next Tuesday’s brief.

I then proceeded to my job interview. It seemed to all go very well, but there might be an issue with my start date. They need someone right away, and I am still not out of the army yet. Sucks if that is going to cost me this job! I got a call from the VA representative and setup a meeting for next Monday. I also got a call from my platoon sergeant letting me know that I am on TransProc, I let him know my PEBLO already called me and I’m planning to attend the next brief on Tuesday.

I took the ferry home and then did schoolwork. Later on I picked up my son from his grandparents, then we all went to my in-laws for dinner and then we watched “The Grandmaster”. The movie is about IP Man, who ended up training Bruce Lee. I thought the movie was “so so”, my son ended up falling asleep pretty quickly. Either he was really tired, or the movie was pretty boring for him…lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment