Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Navy Frustration - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 158

Sent my squad leader a text this morning reminding him of my MOU as usual. I've decided to just send him the words "MOU Today". Because technically my MOU is both my internship with the navy and my school. So it can kind of go both ways in the future. It's basically just a reminder anyways to let him know I will not be in formation and I am still alive and OK.

I headed to the navy base outside of Silverdale this morning. There are actually 3 different navy bases pretty close by and they are all considered part of the navy region northwest. I have heard I'll probably be working mostly from this one close to Silverdale, which is only about 10 or 15 minutes from my house. I was told to head here this morning, but when I arrived I guess they weren't expecting me. They had me sit on a couch outside of the server room for about an hour. I just sat there messing around on my phone reading the news, checking Facebook, and playing games.

Finally the lead tech came out and had me come in and turned me loose at a workstation. I did the usual and checked both my army and navy emails. I then surfed the web for a bit and finally decided to do a SkillPort. I did get a little frustrated after a while. Nobody even came and talked to me or even acknowledged I was there. The stuff I was doing on the computer I could be sitting at home and doing. I do appreciate not having to make the drive all the way to Ft. Lewis, but this is a little ridiculous. I found out later that the co-worker who was supposed to be working with me had a little miscommunication and went to the wrong navy base. I know sitting around and doing nothing for a job may be some people's dream job, but it's not mine. I'd like to be learning something and accomplishing something!

I took off at lunch and decided not to go back. I just headed home and did schoolwork. I don't even know if they realized that I left…and I don't really care. I guess that was the frustration taking over.

No comments:

Post a Comment