Monday, November 18, 2013

IT Follow-Up - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 163


In the office lunch area...I'm afraid to even turn on the hot water now!

I sent my squad leader a text this morning "MOU Today". I think I'll be just sending that to him each morning from now on…keeping it short and simple. I headed into the naval shipyard in Bremerton again today. I gotta say once again that I really love not having to make the drive all the way into Ft. Lewis everyday. Not only that, but I get to pretend I'm a civilian all day. I don't shave, I don't have to constantly be on the lookout for officers to salute, I can wear my hat inside, and I can even walk and talk on a phone…or heaven forbid...eat something and walk at the same time. I'm loving it!

I start my morning routine once in the office and check my army and navy emails. I then started working on the newly imaged machine again. I ran all the security updates and updated all the security settings making sure it's compliant once again. I created a new image and started testing the machine. This time the application actually works.

I take my lunch break in the office today. I brought some stuff that needed to be heated up, so I had to use the office microwave. Once I finished up lunch, I surfed the web a bit and then started working on a SkillPort until it was time to leave for the day.

Once home I did school work. When my wife came home we headed to the YMCA. We've been a little spotty lately, we gotta get back in the groove!

No comments:

Post a Comment