Monday, November 4, 2013

Hard Drives and SkillPort - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 149

I sent a text to my platoon sergeant reminding him that I'll be at my MOU today with the navy. I headed into the shipyard in Bremerton and did my normal morning ritual to start the day, check my army and navy email & surf the web for a while. I continued to surf the web and read the news until lunch time. I had lunch in my car, then headed back up to the office. I park a little ways away down a hill, so I get a little bit of a workout at least when I do have my lunch in the car…well perhaps not quite a workout, but at least I get to stretch my legs.

After lunch I physically removed 10 hard drives from computers that are going to be retired. That was the extent of my actual IT work today. I then added all the Windows 2008 modules to my SkillPort plan and then went through one of the modules. I figured maybe I can learn a thing or two while I'm spending my day here instead of just surfing the web and getting bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment