Monday, July 11, 2011

The Big Dog - (Korea) Day 224

Work call this morning was at 0830. First thing in the morning I got called into our new colonel's office to meet him and help him get setup on his computer for the first time. He's quite a bit older than I was expecting. (I'll call him the big dog). Once he was setup I turned him loose and headed up to my office and did SkillPorts as usual. Since it's the first day of the work week I checked my status once again with my promotion points.

Military Education:

Max 260 Points

Army Correspondence Course Program (ACCP): 537 Hours - 107 Points

So I'm almost half way there. Once I finish this class I'm doing, I'll be taking a short break before my next class. I will not start my next class until after I come back from leave. During this period I plan on doing even more SkillPorts in my room during the time I'd normally use for schoolwork. I want to max this out, so I don't have to worry about it any more.

I check my email daily for word from my branch manager to see where my next assignment is. I have that same feeling of anticipation that I had back in AIT before I knew I was coming to Korea. I am excited and scared at the same time. I am hoping I'll get sent somewhere I'll like, but not knowing is stressful.

I got a call from my roommate once again today asking if I can come back early for lunch, he doesn't have his room key. The funny thing was that I asked him if he had it this morning, he said he did…but it turned out to be the wrong key! I may have to duct tape it to him or something pretty soon. I ate lunch and video chatted with my wife.

When I arrived back at the office, I went to our conference room to setup for another farewell ceremony for the general. Once that was finished, I worked on the army SSDL1 training. I was able to finish module 2, so I have 2 more to go. I'd like to finish that this week if possible. The sergeants came up (our sergeant and our NCOIC) and were checking off inventory. Our sergeant had signed a hand receipt for a lot of the equipment in the conference room and our NCOIC will be signing for it all before he leaves. As any wise person will do, they check all the equipment and serial numbers to make sure everything that is on the receipt is actually there. I helped them find a few things, with the limited descriptions it can be a bit tough, but we found everything they were looking for.

By this time it was getting pretty late. I updated the upcoming events calendar and we all took off. That was after our sergeant said we needed to do some good training tomorrow morning. This means we'll be going for another ruck march. Special K said that it will be raining and our sergeant said "if it ain't raining…it ain't training". He then called it "rain pt", so we'll be getting a little wet tomorrow it seems.

The rest of the night was full of the usual…schoolwork and then TV shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment