Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Driving The Big Dog - (Korea) Day 225


Special K checking out his car after getting high centered while my sergeant is
looking at me wondering why I'm taking pictures...lol. By the way...that is The
Dragon Hill Lodge in the background...the hotel here on post.

Woke up and got ready for our "rain pt" this morning, but when we showed up Special K got a call from our sergeant saying that his ankle was sore. No pt this morning…lol. I headed back to my room and started getting ready for the day.

Work call this morning was at 0830, but before I headed back to work I got a call from Special K. Evidently he went to The Dragon Hill Lodge to go work out and when he left his windows in his car were pretty foggy. I'm not sure how he did it, but he ended up driving in the exit of the Popeye's drive through and then jumping the concrete divider between it and the parking lot. It ended up popping his front tire and his car was high centered on the divider. Holy Cow!

I ended up getting the office car and heading down to give him a hand. Our sergeant was already there and the rain was pouring down. There wasn't much we could do, so he had to call a tow truck. The tow truck came, hooked up a rope and drug his car off the divider. He then said "that will be $50". Special K had him put on the spare tire since he had all the equipment right there (that cost an extra $10). What a great way to start the day.

I headed back to the office and planned to do SkillPorts as usual, but instead I was asked to drive The Big Dog around. He had to run a bunch of errands and because of the rain, he didn't want to walk around post. I don't blame him, it was really coming down! I drove him all over the post until about lunch time. I went to lunch with Special K at the KATUSA snack bar. Let me recommend if you're ever at Yongsan to check out one of these for lunch. It's good and it's cheap…I love it!

When we got back, we setup for a meeting in the secret conference room. There was some minor last minute drama when we found out the new general will be attending as well. Special K and SPC Mick ran down to shuffle name tags around accordingly. I did my part and held the door open for when they came down.

I then did some more of the army SSDL1 training and made it about half way through the 3rd module. After that I did a couple SkillPorts, I think that is an all time low for me during a work day! By this time it was about time to go. We cleaned up and left the office.

I ate in my room and watched some TV shows. My class is now over, so I'll be taking a little break. I did however do a couple more SkillPorts instead of class. I think I may be coming a little obsessed.

If it wasn't bad enough, Special K had to hold the tow truck driver's umbrella for
him while he worked...lol




the wife

Your photos are had me cracking up!!! Special K really did a number on that one... and I wouldn't call it obsessed, just determined. Love you!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 11:36 PM


Brandon

Yeah the whole thing had me cracking up too! :)

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 09:56 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment