Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hate The Fat Ones - (Korea) Day 233

Work call this morning was at 0630, a bit earlier than I prefer. We had to setup a meeting in the secret conference room and then another in the top secret conference room. Once that was all done I headed off to Starbucks to get some coffee. I needed some fuel to keep me going since we had such an early work call.

I then settled into my office and started doing SkillPorts until it was time to clean up from the morning meetings. Once we finished I sat down in the conference control room with our KATUSA and SPC Mick. I had been doing SkillPorts all morning and then we just hauled all the crap from the meetings up and put it away. I wanted to just sit back for a second. Normally we keep the conference room door locked, but because we took some dirty dishes into get washed we had to keep it open for them to be returned to us. Unfortunately our NCOIC walked in and saw us all just sitting around. I think what made it look even worse was that both me and SPC Mick were leaned back with our feet up watching TV. She asked "Is this what you guys do up here all day?" She then proceeds to tell us all these changes she has planned. It was basically all the stuff she had said before when we had our "sit down". I'm not sure what to expect as I said before, I hear a lot of things…but nothing ever seems to happen. If it does happen, it only lasts for a little while and then it goes back to normal.

When our NCOIC left SPC Mick blew a gasket and kicked a few things around the room. I guess that really touched a nerve. He then stated "This is the worst day of my life". A bit dramatic, but like I said…I'm waiting to see what if anything really changes. I can't see anything changing any time soon. Our NCOIC has to train the replacement for our air force master sergeant, and until that happens she's going to be pretty busy.

I headed to lunch a little early and was able to video chat with my wife for a bit. When I got back to the office, it was back to SkillPorts. I worked on those until we setup for a meeting in the secret conference room. Once that was done SPC Mick had to do a bunch of phone calls for our NCOIC. I'm not sure what it was all about, but he had a stack of business cards and had to call each of them. I feel sorry for him. I took the office car out and picked up our supply KATUSA. We headed to the cell phone store where I picked up the broken blackberry that I had dropped off earlier. The supply KATUSA was then able to upgrade my office phone, so I now have a nice shiny gold star trek communicator looking phone. I feel so special now.

When I got back CPT Hooah! wanted me to do a little research on laser pointers. We have a few bigger ones and one skinny one currently, but we were informed that one of the generals "hates the fat ones!" So this is now a burning issue!

I did some more SkillPort work until the last meeting was over around 1730. We then cleaned it up and took off for the day. I headed back to my room where I did pretty much the usual…you know SkillPorts and TV Shows. The young hawaiian stopped by for a bit. He is going to the board tomorrow and was given some sound advice…."have a few drinks before you go to the board, it will loosen you up a little". He had some communist beer and soju that he left in my refrigerator back in April from the DMZ tour…LOL. So he picked that up to have for tomorrow's use. I'm looking forward to hearing how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment