Monday, April 5, 2010

The Sad Goodbye (Pre-Basic Training) 1 Day until Basic


Today we celebrated Easter at my sister’s house. We enjoyed a big breakfast and then hung out while extended family arrived. It was really nice to see everyone once again before I had to leave. Everyone wished me well and is excited for the adventure that lies ahead. I planned on leaving at 1PM in order to make the 6 hour drive to Spokane. 1PM came faster than I had hoped. I made my rounds saying goodbye to everyone and then brought my kids outside to say goodbye to them again. That turned out to be a very emotional moment for everyone. I’m not an extremely emotional guy, but I’ll tell you that we all started crying and I continued to cry like a baby for ½ hour after leaving. That really sucked leaving my kids knowing I will not be able to see them for such a long time. We are planning on writing a lot though. I talked to them after I got checked into the hotel with my wife and everyone (me included) is feeling much better now.
Once we arrived at the hotel and got checked in my wife and I had dinner and then just relaxed pretty much the rest of the night. We will both be getting up early tomorrow morning. I will be heading off to MEPS and my wife will be getting ready for a three hour drive to work. I’m really glad she was able to come and stay with me. It’s nice to spend as much time with her as possible before I head off.

No comments:

Post a Comment