Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Good Day (Basic Training) Day 13


These entries are from the letters that Brandon has mailed to me. His writing at times can be a bit difficult to determine his words... bare with me, I do my best, especially with army terms.
Today was an interesting day. We woke at 4:00am and got ready. After formation we went to do some of our daily morning exercises. We thought we were going to do the 1-1-1 test today but it turned out we only did the 1 mile run. The track we ran on is pretty crappy, there is  even a soft sand on part of it. I ended up running an 8:20. Not too bad, I didn't push myself that hard. I was in the very front at the start and I ended up slowing way down after the first lap to try and run an 8:00 minute… I guess I slowed down a little too much.

After the mile test we had to get dressed in our ACUs along with a little backpack and something I think the DS calls a Flick. It's basically a little vest that you can snap a bunch of stuff on, We then took a bus (well 4 buses because the entire company came). We went to a little training area and had breakfast. We had a couple of a couple of communications classes, but the thing that really stood out about this place was their bathrooms. We all had to go to this little building that was just plain disgusting. It reminded me of a restroom you may find at a remote park, except I don't think anyone ever cleans it. Some of the urinals were not draining well and you literally had to hold your breath while in there.  We capped off the training outside with another heat injury demo where another solider had to strip to his undies and get iced sheets put all over him. We ate MREs there for lunch. I had BBQ veggie burger, not too bad, and the best part...they actually gave us plenty of time to eat them. 

Got back to our bunks and found a big surprise. Some people didn't lock their lockers, so the DS pulled out all their crap and spread it all over the bay. They also took a guys sunscreen (or some sort of lotion) and used it to write on the floor "Good Job :)"

So we all had to hurry and clean all that up and then hurry down for some more classes that were hard to stay awake in. It really takes all my concentration to not fall asleep...so far I haven't. There are a number of people that do end up falling asleep and getting smoked for it! All the stuff… the information that they are piling on us is crazy. I still am feeling a little overwhelmed. Lots of memorizing stuff and trying to remember what to say or do while in formation. I swear if the DS winks at us and farts we have to chant something. I have a hard time keeping everything straight.

Sounds like if it doesn't rain tomorrow, we will be doing a road march to "Eagle Tower" and then repelling down it. Sounds like that would be fun with a little scary thrown in it.

Random DS Quote: "Privates, you're as dirty as my wife's private and that some dirty shit" (a couple of privates laugh) then the DS gets up in their faces and starts screaming "What, you laughing at my wife's private!!!"


Victor
 
 
Good info, I know not to laugh at this joke!  LOL

 

Tuesday, August 3, 2010 - 10:59 PM
 

No comments:

Post a Comment