Thursday, April 8, 2010

Reception (Basic Training) Day 1


These entries are from the letters that Brandon has mailed to me. 
Hey Guy. Hey Guy. Hey Guy… this is constantly being said from all the staff at Ft. Benning. When I was in the bathroom I even saw some graffiti with a DS saying “Hey Guy”. I forgot to write that last night during showers, there was a loud thud! It was so loud that it woke up some of the people who went to sleep early. A dude was walking into the showers and his feet went right out from under him... thud! 
We woke up at 6:00am (2 hours sleep). Today we got a whole crapload of clothes, my locker is full of new stuff. We also got our dental X-rays and vision check… yes I will be getting some of those awesome BCGs (birth control glasses). Let me tell you about the staff here. There are all kinds of sergeants running all around. In reception we don’t see much of the DS’s. Our sergeant who is in change of us is pretty cool. Professional and instructional, but he can yell when he needs to. There are also other sergeants just looking for someone to yell at. What really got me today was the civilian x-ray tech. She was a royal bitch. Yelling at everyone from the start. When I was in line I heard her ask a recruit his name, he said it and then started spelling it out loud because it was an uncommon name, she freaked out and started yelling at this poor guy. Saying he was an idiot and if captured, he would give up everyone including his mother. She went on and on very unprofessional, especially since she was a civilian. This is the kind of person that has a very low self esteem and because of this, she has to go out of her way to put others down. She has this little tiny piece of power in her sad little world and must flaunt it around as much as possible to make her miserable life seem a little better.
We shopped at the PX and bought a number of items that were required. Contrary to everything I read... if a person had running shoes less than six months old they were not required to get new ones.I guess it all depends on the sergeant you go with. 
The food here is pretty good. Most of the time there are sergeants telling us to hurry up, hurry up. I feel like I’m getting a little lazy though. We are not allowed to do anything except walk. Everyone’s going to be in for a shock I think when we finally go to basic. One guy is already talking about quitting, but most others just want to get on to the real thing, Right now all we do is stand in lines and wait. 
That does remind me of an interesting side note – while standing in line a little civilian midget walked by me with an oversized coffee cup in her hand so it looked ginormous. That brought a smile to my day.
A clip from a DVD I purchased near the end of basic training.
This shows the process we went through to get all our clothing at Fort Benning. 
 


Rainne

Already with the midgets? Do you have a dwarf magnet, or something??

 

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 12:38 AM




Christina (CC)

 

Hey Guy!  I'm laughing reading these posts.  I'm living my "dream" through you and it's pretty funny!  Keep up the positive thinking and it will be over before you know it.  JT has told me some goofy stuff about basic training and it's stuff you can laugh at later on.  

Thank you Leandra for keeping us all updated!

 

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 06:05 AM



Carlita

 

Only you, my dear friend, would find a midget in your current situation.  I am glad to know that you are still smiling though.

 

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 08:33 AM



Brown Bear

 

Being a midget in the military would probably be awesome.  You'd be so low to the ground, pushups would be easy peasy.

Miss you buddy.

 

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 08:49 AM


 

Hew

 

i just spit beer all over the monitor! you and  midgets LOL!!!!!

 

Saturday, May 1, 2010 - 10:57 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment