Saturday, April 3, 2010

Hangin’ with the family (Pre-Basic Training) 3 Days until Basic

Not a whole lot happened today, just hung out with family.  We went out for a family movie day and watched the remake of “Clash of the Titans”. All in all it was a pretty good movie. Lots of action and everyone enjoyed themselves.

We then had dinner with my wife’s family, which was great. My mother-in-law made an awesome spread of which I ate entirely too much…and then I had two servings of her awesome lemon cake dessert with ice cream.

We bought some college ruled spiral notebooks for each of my kids to use for letter writing to me while I’m gone. My wife had the idea for me to write a little note inside each of them. After finishing the last note I was a little misty eyed. It’s starting to hit home that I’m going to be away from them for so long. That may be the toughest part of joining the army.

Tomorrow is going to be tough saying good bye to everyone.


Anonymous


good luck with everything. I look forward to reading as you go through basic

Sunday, April 4, 2010 - 08:01 AM


Anonymous

Indeed it will be hard...the wife will be lonely, the kids will have a void and the friends and family will wonder each day what you are doing.  BUT..... We will all be strong and through God and love all will be together again for many many many years of great times... LOVE YOU!!!!!!

Sunday, April 4, 2010 - 01:17 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment