Saturday, March 20, 2010

Future Soldier Activity Day (Pre-Basic Training) 17 Days until Basic


Practicing the salute...one of our recruiters in the front
with me in the orange shirt in the back.

I got an email from my recruiter telling me to meet at one of the local parks instead of the recruiter’s office this Friday. When I emailed back and asked what we would be doing. The recruiter responded: “Frisbee golf, horse shoes, basketball, marching, eating pizza!  Yes, seriously”

I thought that sounds a little more interesting than hanging out in the recruiter’s office. Also I haven’t had pizza in a while, a day with pizza is always a good day! It was pretty cold when I got up, so I put on jeans and a t-shirt with a sweatshirt on over the top. I drove to the park and waited for a bit. At first there was nobody there, but after a few minutes I realized that everyone had parked on the other side of the park. Hey...I followed the directions and parked exactly at the point it showed on Google maps. No worries though, they all headed up towards my car anyway to play some basketball since the court was located in front of my car. I wasn’t really planning on playing any basketball being in my jeans and all, but I couldn't help myself and did end up playing anyway. We played half court 4 on 4 and it wasn’t long before I was getting warm and wishing I would have brought my shorts. It turned out being a lot more fun than I thought it would have. Everyone there was pretty cool and even though nobody could really play basketball that well, I think everyone had a fun time playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment