Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Fitness Week 1 (Pre-Basic Training) 84 Days until Basic

Week 1:
Weight = 188.4
Sun: Full court basketball for two hours (cardio)
Mon: Weight lifting at the gym including a two-mile run on treadmill: 18:38
Tue: Pushups & crunches 3 sets of 25 with 2 minute rest between sets
Wed: Weight lifting at the gym including a two-mile run on treadmill: 19:12
Thurs: A day of rest
Fri: Full court basketball for two hours (cardio)
Sat: A day of rest
*Notes: I do not think this schedule gives me enough training for running, which is probably my weakest area. I am going to officially retire from basketball and concentrate more on running. This is huge decision for me, I absolutely love basketball and have been playing since I was a young kid. It is great cardio, but I really want to make sure my run time is decent before basic training. I don't want to be the guy who is lagging behind everyone having to stop and throw up! I can just imagine what the drill serge would think about that. Basketball was starting to take it’s toll on my knees anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment