Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Big Announcement Looming (Pre-Basic Training) 77 Days until Basic

The big announcement is looming. This past weekend we let the rest of the family know our plans about joining the army. For the most part it was a non-event. A few questions here and there, but nothing major. We visited my grandma who has not been thrilled about the idea of her grandson joining the army while there are two wars going on. I let her know that I would only be doing computer work, similar to what I am doing now. After easing her fears I think she is now OK with the idea.

Tomorrow is the day our house will go on the market and also the day I plan on letting my boss and the owner know that I am going to join the army. My last day of work will be April 1st (April Fools Day). Is that a sign? Am I a fool for leaving the newspaper industry, or would I be a fool to stay? I guess time will tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment