Saturday, February 20, 2010

Recruiter a No Go (Pre-Basic Training) 45 Days until Basic


Wasn’t able to make it to the recruiter today for our bi-weekly check in. My boss is on vacation and I have to cover his Friday shift, or at least most of it. The recruiter had no problem with this and just told me to come back in two weeks. I have been diligently studying the items I should know so far. I believe I have it all down pretty well. I also finished another online course in the Future Soldier Training System (FSTS). This course was on rank structure and I was able to pass that with 100%. 
Speaking of rank structure I am hoping that after I’m in a while I can become a Warrant Officer. I’ll have to do some more checking on what exactly I need to do, but it is an option in my MOS. Warrant Officer’s are kind of in-between enlisted and commissioned officers. Their pay is better and from what I’ve read, they get to do more of the technical stuff. I’ll definitely be checking into that once I’m in and settled down for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment