Tuesday, February 2, 2010

2 Months To Go! (Pre-Basic Training) 63 Days until Basic


It’s hard to believe that I only have 2 months to go. It still doesn’t feel real. Lately I’ve been reading a lot of other people’s basic training journals (click here to see a list) to help me get a better idea of what it will be like. I have also been trying to keep on top of studying the army rank structure for officers and enlisted, memorizing the general orders and the other items that I’m supposed to know before I head out to basic. 
We had an open house yesterday, so we cleaned up and took the dog out. Our realtor said there were a few people who came by to look at the place and one realtor who brought another person. Hopefully one of them really liked the place. I would love to get that financial burden off our shoulders as soon as possible. The housing market (and the economy in general) are still not doing well. Our city just came out on a report by CNN called “America’s Most Overvalued Cities” It goes on to state that our housing market is 28.9% overvalued. Unfortunately we cannot sell our house for too much less than we are asking, especially not 29%. We cannot let it go into foreclosure either because I will have secret clearance for my job. If I have a foreclosure or other bad credit issues there is a chance I could lose my clearance. The only other option if it doesn’t sell is to rent it out once I get a permanent station. I dread the thought of being a landlord. Too soon to get worried yet, but it’s hard to not to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment