Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fitness Week 7 (Pre-Basic Training) 44 Days until Basic


Week 7: Weight = 189.4
Sun: a day of rest (Valentine’s day get-a-way)
Mon: a day of rest (Valentine’s day get-a-way)
Tue: Push-ups 4 x 25 reps, Sit-ups 4 x 25 reps
Wed: Sit-ups 1 x 25 reps & 2-mile run on treadmill 16:42
Thurs: Push-ups 4 x 25 reps, Sit-ups 4 x 25 reps
Fri: 1-mile run 7:34
Sat: a day of rest

Notes: This last weekend I took my wife to Seattle for a Valentine’s day and an early anniversary celebration. I will be in basic training during our actual anniversary, so I thought it would be nice to get out and do something fun together. The weekend involved a lot of eating and a lot of relaxing, so this week I’m hoping to just get back on track. Next week I am hoping to make some better progress.

On Friday I ended up only running one mile. On my way to the YMCA I got called back into work to fix a problem… and then another. Such is the life of the "I.T. Guy", when something breaks you have to drop everything and get it fixed. By the time I made it back to the Y my time was getting limited, so I thought I would just run a quick mile. I started off way too slow and by the time I increased the speed enough the mile was over. The good thing is that I know I can do much faster than 7:34. I had plenty of energy left. My fastest mile ever was in high school where I ran 6:00, I wonder if I could come close to that now?


Hew

you may not remember this, but i once watched you run a 2:18 half mile in track, we were at Orting high school, and Pugh asked you to run the half mile!(and u hated running hah!) I won the the 2mile that day(of course..) and you buddy placed 5th in the half mile! amazing! good ol dayz..


Saturday, May 1, 2010 - 10:20 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment