Monday, December 28, 2009

The Fitness Plan (Pre-Basic Training) 99 Days until Basic

Decided I would try and use the week before the new year to come up with a work out plan to help get me in shape.
Running: Until it gets a little warmer out I will keep all running on the treadmill at the YMCA. I will also be playing basketball at least two times a week for a couple hours each, which will help with my cardio in general. I've always loved playing basketball. My view may be a little skewed because of this, but I think basketball is the perfect workout. I have a lot of fun playing and get a workout at the same time! 

When running the treadmill I’m going to do the 2 mile run and just keep on trying to improve my score. When I can score a 90% or better consistently I will increase the distance. Once it gets a little warmer and the snow is gone, I plan on moving to outside runs. This will better simulate what will be going on at basic training. 
Pushups: I have decided I will do three sets of 25 with a rest period in-between each set. Each week I will decrease the rest period between sets until I can do 75 in a row without stopping.
Today I tried a one minute rest in-between each set. 
Set 1: 25 Push-ups
Set 2: 25 Push-ups (I can feel the burn)
Set 3: 7 Push-ups (I guess I need more rest to start off with)
Sit-ups: I tried the same routine as the pushups described above.
Set 1: 25 Sit-ups
Set 2: 25 Sit-ups
Set 3: 15 Sit-ups
I made a fatal mistake doing the sit-ups tonight. I tried doing them on our rug with my pajamas on. I ended up getting rug burn on my ass and it hurts! (Actually near the tailbone). I will have to break out my work out pad from this point on...and until my butt heals, I will stick to crunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment